Shadetree Automotive Heating and AC Repair
Our professional mechanics at Shadetree Automotive are here to help you with your automotive heating and ac repair.
AC REPAIR- AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR IN LAYTON
The air conditioning system is one of the most delicate on your vehicle. Our AC technicians understand what it takes to keep your automotive heating and A/C system serviced and blowing nice cold air. The most common cause of a vehicle’s A/C not blowing cold enough air is an incorrect level of Freon. Freon is the refrigerant gas that your a/c system pressurizes to create cold air. A basic A/C Service is what we usually start with.
- Step #1: Visibly inspect components for obvious problems and perform a test drive.
- Step #2: Attach our latest A/C service machine, extract and measure all Freon removed from the vehicle.
- Step #3: Insert U/V dye into the system. Freon is a clear gas so it is very difficult to find minor leaks. The u/v dye allows us to run the system and then simply go over all components and connections with a black light. Any leak will glow bright yellow for us. We can then repair any and all leaks to make sure you don’t have repeated failures.
- Step #4: Use an A/C service machine to charge the exact amount of Freon that your vehicle calls for. Each vehicle calls for a very specific amount of Freon and it is extremely important to set this level properly.
- Step #5: Perform a test drive with a thermometer in vents to assure perfect ac performance.
- Step #6: Perform a black light test and look for any Freon leaks.
- Step #7: Deliver the vehicle back to the happy customers to drive around in comfort.
Thank you for this great 5-star review on Google Pat!
“I wouldn’t go anywhere else! I live in Florida, but store an SUV in Layton for summer recreation. My family is flying out in two days for a trip to southern UT. I came a few days early for a short jaunt to the Tetons. But my AC went out while I was in Jackson. The part was unavailable there, so I began working my way back to SLC (Salt Lake City). After checking with 5 shops along the way, I found Shadetree. My time constraints (before my family gets here, and we all have to leave for the south) ruled out some of the shops I tried. Shadetree rushed my vehicle in for a definite diagnosis almost immediately. They then scheduled me for the first thing the next morning and had me on my way by noon. In the meantime, they shuttled me back to my hotel room a full 20 minutes away – each way so that I could work more effectively from there. I’ve never had white-glove treatment from an auto repair facility – until today! In this area, I am now a customer for life. Thank you, Shadetree, and each of your staff, for your excellent and professional help in a real crunch.” – Pat Clark
HEATER REPAIR- HVAC
Here in Layton, Utah, we get extreme swings in weather throughout the year. Sometimes huge swings in weather during the day. This leads to us needing a perfect functioning heating system as well as a great functioning a/c system.
Did you know that the most common cause of your Heater not blowing warm enough is usually not a problem with the Heating system at all? It is commonly a problem with your vehicle’s cooling system. Your heater utilizes a warm coolant from the engine cooling system to create heat inside the passenger compartment. If the cooling system is not properly sealed, you will not have enough circulation of the coolant to make it all the way through the heater. So when your vehicle comes in for Heater diagnostics. We always check the cooling system as one of the first steps. Then we move on to all the other possibilities within the heating system. Heater core, mode door actuators, blower motor, temperature controls, etc…
Rest assured we have the best technicians, the best processes, and the latest equipment to diagnose any concerns you may have regarding your automotive Heating and Air conditioning repair. Contact our shop in Layton, UT to schedule your automotive heating and ac repair service with our professional mechanics today!