Shadetree Automotive Engine Repair and Services
- Yes, we perform engine repairs!
- Yes, we perform engine replacements!
- Yes, we perform engine diagnostic services!
We have been performing general engine repairs since we first opened in 1994. As a matter of fact, I got my start in this industry helping my father (founder of Shadetree) replace engines for our local machine shop.
Here are the most common engine repairs our mechanics are seeing:
- Fluid leaks- Engine oil and other fluid leaks are the most common engine repair we have in our shop. Our engine repair mechanics are really good at diagnosing the source of the leak and repairing it as needed.
- Cylinder Head Repairs- Cylinder head problems are a common problem we are seeing with engines lately. Our mechanics are finding misfire concerns caused by excessive carbon buildup on exhaust and intake valves. With all newer engines being made of aluminum, it is common for our mechanics to see cylinder head gasket failures also.
- Camshaft and Lifter Problems- Our mechanics are also finding some misfire concerns and noise concerns caused by camshaft and lifter failures. The best way to avoid problems like this is to have your engine serviced regularly using the proper specification of fluids.
- Timing Chain replated problems- Engine manufacturers have recently switched from timing belt-operated engines back to timing chains. On top of this, they are also utilizing variable valve timing. What that means is most newer engines utilized oil pressure to adjust the camshaft timing utilized valves and solenoids as part of the timing chain system. There are several engines that our mechanics are replacing timing chain parts on to fix driveability problems and noises.
- Bearing failures- Our engine mechanics are always hopeful to keep your car serviced and avoid major engine problems, but we still see a small number of engine failures. We utilize a few engine manufacturers to source a replacement engine if we end up with a major engine failure.